Sunday, January 11, 2009

Let's get this started...

Ah, yes. The proverbial "first post." I suppose that a blog is the perfect thing for me. I love to record things and share my thoughts. I've started a few in the past but stopped for various reasons - I didn't like how the website worked, got bored, etc. I hope that at this point in my life, with so many monumental changes on the horizon, that I'll keep it up.


Random bits about me - I can't share everything this evening, otherwise you'd never return, eh?

*I own my very own 20 gauge shotgun, aptly named "Shortcake"
*I'm reliable and too nice
*I'm also relentless, determined and goal-driven
*I like the color blue, silver jewelry, and all the lotions / body washes / perfumes a girl can have
*On the other hand, I also love camo, chest high waders, big mud puddles, wheat fields, driving around in a pickup, and HATE Valentine's Day.
*I cry a lot. So when you see me in tears and worriedly ask "what's wrong?" and I reply "nothing," 99% of the time I won't even be lying.
*My dream for several years has been to become an ER nurse, and I've spent four years working as a volunteer in the Corvallis ER. I love the staff, they are some of the most inspirational people I know.
*I take school pretty seriously... entered upper division at UP in January 2008 with graduation in August of 2009.
*I will be moving to Alaska a year after graduating to work with the Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium - a long title for a great loan repayment program. And yes... I AM counting down the days til my desired departure date!

October 21, 2006... my shotgun

No comments:

Post a Comment